Flashing Center Brake lights.

To: Datsun Roadster Mail List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flashing Center Brake lights.
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 21:37:17 -0700
Greetings,

I havn't been too active on the list or elsewhere for a few weeks.  On
March 20th a woman ran a red light and I smashed into her broadside at
about 40 miles per hour. I was driving my 93 Ford Ranger pick-up and she
was driving an older model Honda Accord.  I smashed her passenger side
door into the center line of her vehicle.  If a passenger had been
sitting in the car with her the person would have been killed or very
seriously injured.  As it was, the other driver left the scene screaming
in pain in an ambulance.  I thought I was ok until I made the mistake of
coughing. OUCH, it hurt like an icepick was shoved in my back.  Found
out I had two broken ribs and a bunch of bruses.

One instant everything is ok and life is pretty much normal. The next
instant KABOOM and everthing is definately not so ok. I was wearing my
seatbelt, going the speed limit and it was clear and dry.  I must admit,
sometimes I don't do either (seatbelts or speed limit).  Not any more.
I have been in a number of fender benders through the years (driving
since 1963).  Nothing really serious.  If I was in my Roadster and had
that same accident... I would probably be TOAST.  So guys, I am a born
again believer....Use your seat belts and do anything you can to make
your car visable to all the idiots that can't tell red from green.  Your
life and that of your passenger depends upon it.  Today, I saw another
idiot run a red light in a major intersection.  Good Grief when two cars
hit each other, going that fast, bad things happen...Be careful out
there.

Guy
1967.5 SPL
Tempe, Arizona