'67 1600 help

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: '67 1600 help
From: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:55:55 -0600
Hey Gang,

     Ever have one of those days...  you go out to finish up a project
and do one or two things.. and as usual the things that were working
alright, suddenly become nightmares??   That is the case here...    I
got the backup light working fine.   I installed one of those "angles"
so the speedo would work (it still doesn't, but know it's in the tranny
now)I rewired the radio to the accessorys and all is good...  finally I
fixed the heater!  Or did I??

    Here's the weirdness... currently with the wiper switch completely
disconnected, turn the heater on, and the wipers turn on by themselves,
then slowly stop as the heater motor starts up.  The turn signal
indicators both come on as well??   Turn signals work fine, but both
indicators still blink when signals are on?    The headlight high beam
indicator light was working last night, but not today?   The wiper
switch was disconnected because it seemed to be shorting out... ie,
whenever the metal of the outer case is touched to anything, there is a
nice spark and usually the wipers start going.   I tested the motor
connector and found all but the black wire was live 12V? It also only
had one speed it was turning to.   I tested another wiper motor..  only
the red wire was hot and the motor actually had two speeds this time...
and it wouldn't stop, even with the switch off and unplugged!   The
heater doesn't work unless the wiper is plugged in either??

Everything else in the dash is working...  Fuel, clock, amp, water, oil,
all dash lights (except the high beam indicator), radio, underdash
light, etc.

If anyone has any thoughts as to what is causing this or if it might be
wired incorrectly?    This car was rebuilt 2 years ago by a PO...  oh
yeah, I have all the good PO stories...    Fortunately the car is still
running perfectly... just can't drive in rain or cold... Thanks!!

Eric
WyCROC