<all> ZCCD issue #16 update

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: <all> ZCCD issue #16 update
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:17:51 -0700
Just a short note to let folks know that I started uploading issue 16
(our first digital issue) to the website today. At the speed its been
going, I don't expect it to be fully functional until late Sat night at
the earliest. The url is http://zcarmag.com/issue16/

I think you will find the digital format a BIG improvement over the
print format. I certainly think it is. There are 3 extra stories that
would not have fit in the print version (and I have a 4th story I may
add if I have time this weekend, that was bumped for space reasons from
our last issue), plus there are literally hundreds of photos and
drawings that would not have fit in the print version. I looked over the
old issues and on avg. we run between 60 and 100 photos per issue. In
this new digital format there are a couple individual stories with
nearly that many photos! There are 3 video clips, plus an animation or
two. All in all I am very pleased with how this new format is working
out (bugs and new-stuff setbacks notwithstanding).  The one problem with
this all has been download times.  For most of us, our connections to
the net are still just too slow to allow for this sort of material to be
distributed via the net. From a CD, the issue is fine and pages load
plenty fast. But from the web the pages take a fairly long time to load.
 I would like to hear from some of you that have cable modems or digital
connections, as to how fast it loads for you. For me, with my 56k modem,
its pretty slow, and from a 28.8 or 36.6 it is painfully slow. If you
are still using a 14.4 for some reason, I do not even recommend trying
it.

If Sony doesn't mess up, and we don't have any other setbacks with the
CD production, I will have the CDs with me at the Motorsport show, and
will be mailing them out the first week of May.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher