Re: Grassroots needs your help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grassroots needs your help
From: bill wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 23:46:02 -0500
Alan,

Thanks for letting us know about the GRM Vintage Views article.
Unfortunately your message doesn't provide the return e-mail address for
Dave Wallens, only the website. GRM has done two vintage view articles for
the roadster since I've been subscribing, the May 1989 issue and the
Nov/Dec. '93 issue. Gordon Glasgow was "the source" for the '89 issue,
while the Harvey bros, Elliot and Bill, and Mike Unger were featured in the
later issue. The Harvey's are the guys in Florida to talk to for somebody
local, though I think they have hung up the SCCA solo II act after many
years of being the favorite in CSP. Around Atlanta, the guy that comes to
mind is Jim Tyler, Topless Datsun, in Cummings GA, and then there's Rock
Vest, who's also been out of the roadster since the Runoffs moved from
Atlanta to Mid-Ohio, but still has his car and shop in Lewisville, NC.

It's time that GRM did another article, I commend them. They've really done
a fantastic job of growing the magazine into a nationally recognized read
for grassroots racers; them, Sportscar and R/T is all I get (and all I have
time to read). I only wish they would print an issue index so I could
access the articles in my back issues more readily.

Enjoy the read.....

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI
'68 1600 and