Re: zx wheel fitment

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, lahieres@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: zx wheel fitment
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 00 10:48:43 CDT
> Will 15" x 6" zx turbo wheels fit a late (high windscreen) roadster without
> spacers or mods? I have been led to believe they would w/ 205/50/15's. Any
> advice would be great.

Joe,

I have a set of those wheels, but have NOT YET fitted them to my roadster.
Ahem, I had two roadsters... but currently have only one.

One comment: do you have the original lug nuts & new studs? The Nissan
lug nuts have to be used with those wheels. Nothing else works. Along
with that news, is they are 12mm lug nuts. So you will have the swap
out all the wheels lugs to use the wheels.

The wheels will clear with 195's, and I think I have seen others with the
205's on there. One thing I have noticed is not all 205/50 - 15's are
the same size. They should be, but some treads are not the same width
at the same tire pressure. Just the way they are built, best bet is to
have a commercial shop agree on what to do if they do NOT fit! Go in
the middle of the week, not on a swamped Saturday, and explain to the
manager you will buy a set of 205's... but if you discover rubbing, or
fitting problems... What next?  Typically I found they have a "morning
rush" "lunch rush" and "5 pm rush". So 10:00 or 2:30 is a great time to
pop in and actually get they guys talking.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX

P.S. I am still looking for a bud vase for my bonsai roadster ;-)
Or do I need white wall tires, too, Gordon?