Re: MidOhio & the police!

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: MidOhio & the police!
From: "Robert J. Simmons" <rsimmons2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:47:30 -0500

datsunmike wrote:

> If they stop you tell them you'll deport them to Canada!!
>
> '66 Mike from NYC

NO THANKS....we already have our fill of ticket happy Mounties and other
police.   I remember running a gauntlet of 4 speed traps over a 150 mile trip.
The Red Coats and TV exposure is only for PR.

How do you think we keep the Canadian Economy moving with a 65 cent U. S.
dollar.?  I don't even know why we call it a dollar any more.  The coin itself
is called the LOONEY. .... named after our collective politicians.

In Winnipeg a ticket happy Bicycle Boy cop waved me over the other day because
I suggested that the fact that he was snarling up traffic at rush hour wasn't
really useful (exact words).  He then suggested that since I was such a smart
ass (exact words) he was going to ticket me.  When I asked him what for he said
*for not signaling a lane change"  ..makes you wonder don't it?  Our police
have quotas to fill too!!!

Another of our "boys in blue" is on trial for beating up on a citizen ( Cop 250
lbs. vs citizen 149 lbs.) .   I hear the cop is going to plead self defense :-)

mandatory roadster content.  Raining today and I had planned to get the 1500
out of storage and up and running.  Not that I don't have a pile of work to do
on the other two that are currently in resto condition.  Maybe the rain is
good!!

Rob Simmons

Gwnguy