Re: Radar Detectors Reccomendations?

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Radar Detectors Reccomendations?
From: "J Friederich" <jfried@anv.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 19:43:55 -0700
Danial -

Valentine 1 is big, blocky, and ugly, but nothing works better.  They've
been improved over the years (new antennas, new firmware, etc., and Mike
Valentines' philosophy has been to always keep them upgradeable.  Although
he does include laser detection, he says it is for marketing purposes only.
In the user manual, it tells you that if the laser detection alert goes off,
to "pull off the side of the road, and get out you license, registration,
and proof of insurance."  He may be the only honest manufacturer out there.
His unit is unique in that it tells the location of the radar source (front,
rear, sides) as well as the number of sources (any type of radar, of
course.)  They are not cheap, but I've had mine for 5 years now, been
through 2 full upgrades, and it is just the ticket (uh, bad metaphor) for
me.

-John F