Re: tach cable seal

To: raycole@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tach cable seal
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:52:59 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/00 9:44:12 PM EST, raycole@mindspring.com writes:

<< On the way back from Solvang a familiar drop of oil landed on
 my leg.  >>

Hello,

Oh.... I remember when that use to happen to me too.  I also put in a new
seal but it just kept on dripping on my pants.  What a shock the first time
it happened.    Anyway, I just cranked it very tight with a set of large
pliers and stuck a rag underneath it.  I also replaced the leaking hose to
the distributor.  It still leaked for a short time after.   Well, something
happened and it doesnt leak anymore.  I even removed the rag!

The rag is for sale if anyone is interested.  It is a OEM 1967.5 SRL311 shop
rag.
$$ / Best offer.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex