Re: Alternator help please

To: DAT240Z73@aol.com, datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator help please
From: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:10:15 -0600
Hello!
    I'm one of the guys having problems with my supposed single wire
alternator... here's the scoop... I have one on my '68 2000 still in
Missouri.  It was put on by a very trusted alternator repair guy and
works perfectly.  Basically, he took the positive lead from the old
alternator and put it on the positive lead on the GM alternator...  the
Datsun regulator is not used at all, nor are any other wires hooked up
to the GM alternator.   The result, clean good power!
Jump to my wifes '67 1600...  attempted the same thing...  alternator
puts out about 3-4 volts depending on RPM alone...  hooked up to the
battery?... nada, nothing, zip!   It's your general irritating problem!
I will figure it out and we will have power once more!!!!

Eric
WyCROC