re:U20 valve seals

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: re:U20 valve seals
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:52:26 EDT
   Hi list,

    I suspect that my valve seals may be going south, and wondered if they
can be replaced using the compressor/rope trick as well. I've tried the old
(add oil to cylinder compression check) and found the compression was hardly
any different than before the oil trick. On hard acceleration no bluish/white
smoke but right around idle, if youv'e been sitting for a while, some smoke
on take off. The car runs great otherwise. Is there any way I can get by this
dilema without pulling the head?
     Counting on you Fairlady lovers out there in Roadsterland for a response.
Thanks.
     P.S. Any body else from Pasadena on the list? Saw a couple of you guys
in Roadsters.
                    Tom 69 2L SRL3112225