Soft top frames, the saga continues!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft top frames, the saga continues!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:10:54 -0400
  Okay, I took a quick trip with Jim Sloan to Pittsburgh to see Teddy and
get what was left of the parts car he got with his 2000 ( not much left at
all!)  While I was there, I measured Teddy's soft top frame, also on a 1969
roadster.  The mounting leg on his frame is distinctly different than on my
1969 1600..  Then Teddy pulled out the from from the parts car, also a 1969
2000, and it is just like mine.  The main differences are a longer frame leg
that mounts to the body, about 1 1/4"s longer.  And the adjustment on the
rear bow was different.  On my frame it is approximately 1 1/2" from the
pivot to the adjustment knob when the rear bow is collapsed.  On Teddy's, it
was almost 3"?
  So, are there two distinctly different frames for late model high
windshield cars?  I have been told that low windshield cars did not have an
adjustable rear bow.  They adjusted at the point where they mount to the
body.  If that is true, then there were at least two different frames used
between 1967.5 and 1970.
  Can anybody confirm this?

Paul
OROC