Re: New Top Allowance

To: robbie@eaglesol.com, christygm@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: New Top Allowance
From: Jaykp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:02:20 EDT
Since we are on the topic of new tops, and I'm planning to install my own,
does anybody have any step by step instructions? Are there any archives
posted on the subject?

When I got home from the office, I went to the garage and studied my top.
Although I'm deferring to everyone's experience, and everyone refers to the
task as monumental, I'm finding it hard to imagine where the challenges will
come. Is it in the connecting of the top to the front bow? What is it that
makes the installation difficult?

Also, my front bow is slightly bent between the side clasps and the middle
clasp so that it is very slightly  shaped like an M. Does anyone have any
advice on how to correct this when I have the top apart?

I am very grateful for the ability to ask advice and have so much good input
from so many experienced people. What a great resource this list is! I only
wish that there was something similar for my profession.

Jay
Nashville
'68 SPL 311
SEROC