Re: 5 speed into a 66

To: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>, "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 5 speed into a 66
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:39:29 -0700
Mike,

I did use a 90 degree fitting on my 5-speed in my '66. But I didn't run the
cable through the tunnel! (Great idea, though.)

I dolly'd out the tunnel area around the trans cable area. I did this by
cutting some of the sheet metal, added some metal and shaped a hump and
closed it all up. This allowed the necessary room for the 90 degree
fitting, and the cable travels the normal path up to the firewall.

Fred - So.SF, CA
BADROC
'66 wL

----------
<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: 5 speed into a 66
> Date: Friday, August 04, 2000 7:15 PM
>
> Mike-
>
> I was unable to use my 90 degree fitting in my 67 U-20/5speed swap.  The
> clearance was way to little.  Others have suggested dollying out the area
on
> the tunnell before installing the tranny.  I attempted this, but I need
> work it out another 1/2 before it would come close to fitting-impossible
> do after installed.  This is my last resort, but someone (I think Fred
Katz)