Re: Recaro Seats?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recaro Seats?
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:09:08 -0500
Bob,

I have one for my '68 2000.  I do not know the model of it, but it
is a nice fit.  Thing to watch out for is the top adjustment. The
roadster seats are narrow enough to clear that adjustment, but
some aftermarket seats will not clear it.

Pay attention to the seat frame and slider's. If you can, make up
a sub-frame of 1" square tubing to mount to the floor holes, and
provide the mount for the sliders/seat. You want it to withstand
a REAR impact (let's hope not). If the seat frame fails, you will
go flying backwards into the rear bulkhead. Not a pretty situation
for head/neck injuries. Seat mounts are more critical than seat belt
mounts, but often overlooked.

Oh, I have just the drivers seat. Passenger will have a stock seat for
the time being. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter    '68 2000
Austin, TX