Re: SR20/ now brakes

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com
Subject: Re: SR20/ now brakes
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:34:27 EDT
In a message dated 08/09/2000 9:27:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:

> This is funny , because Joe said the same thing about how thin they are.
>  I told them you could buy the DBA rotors for a reasonable amount right
>  now due to the currency conversion. He was wondering how they vented
>  such a thin rotor. He said he could get them to fade if he was road racing
>  with them. He is cheating a bit since he also has a shortened 200SX rear
end
>  with rear discs. Joe believes in using parts from recyclers as much as
> possible.
>  he will weld up a fuel injected throttle body manifold for an R16 motor or
> U20.
>  He uses other manifold and cuts and welds them to fit.

Yah the roadster units definitely have a large enough diameter, but their
thickness leaves a bit to be desired. BTW, I have pics comparing the stock
roadster rotors next to one off a Z32 (90-96 300ZX) TT here:
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/BADROC/exp/brakes.htm
(these pics are from 7.6.99)
I like the sound of this joe guy..is he the same dude who has that VG30E
roadster??

>  BTW the engine in the picture is a rear wheel drive SR20 the one in the
>  Triumph GT6 is a front wheel drive version, but he doesn't have inner
fender
>  wells . He also has an SR16 sitting on the floor of the shop.

Is that an SR16VE motor? Hmmmm

\/ /\ /\/