getting the crankshaft

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: getting the crankshaft
From: Chris Lyon <croxx@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:23:56 -0500
Hi All, Its been awhile since I posted anything but now I'm out of
answers. I had to change out the rear axle on my 2000 due to the
bearings hollowing out a nice size ditch. So I took the axle off of the
1600 and slapped it in there. According to reliable sources that is fine
and would even pick up the acceleration in !st and 2nd. SO the mechanics
put in and man it makes a bad sound. Sounds like the timing chain is
slipping or something. But they are trying to tell me its the
crankshaft. That maybe the axle is somehow pushing the crank forward, is
that possible? The engine hasnt really even been broken in yet so maybe
its an internal mistake by the machine shop. Anyways theve been sitting
on my car for about two months now tring to find someone or something to
blame besides them selves. And once again I'm turning to you guys for
help so I can hold thier hand and tell them how to fix it. So any ideas,
previous experience, crankshaft measurments or advice on how to sue the
garage would be helpfull!!
Thanks in advance
Chris Lyon