Re: machining rotors

To: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: machining rotors
From: Thomas the Swede <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:43:24 +0100
They dont make 'em as they used to. That is brake rotors. The steel
used in brake rotor castings today are mostly recycled steel of
questionable quality where brake rotors made in the 1980's or earlier
are better. You can still buy high quality rotors but they cost more.

If the rotors pad surface is smooth and even, just change the pads
and dont bother about anything else. If you are familiar with breaking
in new pads, do it. Dont shave anything off those older rotors unless
you really have to.

Thomas