Sears Point Raceway

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sears Point Raceway
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:11:22 EST
Hello,

I was able to secure a couple of spots for guests if they want to run on
Sears Pont Raceway on Nov. 24, 2000.  Several folks have asked if they could
run as my guests but I wasnt able to give a definite answer.

I am a member of the Checkered Flag Racing Association.  This is a private
club and you would be my guest.  You will be able to drive the racetrack with
the likes of Porches, Ferrari's, Vipors, BMW's and ....... Miatas.  You will
have to run in the slower group of drivers.  But this does not mean you will
not have a Ferrari riding your bumper.  The groups are classified by driver
skill.  I actually rather drive in the least aggressive group as I get to run
with alot of $$$ cars and pass them up.  ;>)  It can be alot of fun.
Especially good for in-car videos.

You DO NOT have to have prior racing experience or a racing licence.  THIS IS
NOT A RACE !!!  This is just a day at the track.  Yes it can get alittle
competitive too due to the high buck machinery present.  But it isnt a race
and there will be track workers and officials present to make sure you follow
everyone follows the rules.  CFRA has a fantastic safety record.  No crashes
but several off track spinouts.  Very little bent metal.  There is no need to
be scared about running with us.

Track times are appx. four 20 minute session.  It doesnt sound like alot but
it is.  Trust me... it is very tiring.You will need to provide your own food
and beverages.  No alcohol allowed!  No BBQing food either.  You may also
need to bring a seperate and full gas can.  Maybe a chair to sit on too.

You car needs to be safe and free of any major leaks.  You need to have an
overflow tank for your radiator!  You need to tape down your battery cables
and hydrolic fluid reservoirs.  You need 3pt seatbelts.  Wheel bearing need
to be tight.  Firm brake pedal required!  Minimal steering wheel play.  And
no major leaks.  You also have to have a new helmet.  Motorcycle or racing is
fine.  Nothing older than a Snell 95 allowed!  You will need to fill out a
Tech Sheet.  Car will be teched at the track.

Last issue... price.  It will cost appx $250 for the day.  Expensive... not
too expensive.  I think it is very reasonable for Sears Point.  I pay the
same price.  No breaks for members.  ;>)  You pay at the track.

Only problem with the raceday will be rain.  IF IT RAINS THE DAY IS
CANCELLED!  Since our club is small we can only afford the off season dates.
That is why the price is minimal.  Otherwise prices would be almost double.

You will need to be at the track by 7am.  No later!  If later you may not
race at all.  All drivers need to go through tech and then we need to attend
a drivers meeting.  Miss the meeting and the only thing you will be able to
do is go driving in the Wine Country.  You will not be allowed on the track.
Sorry to sound so harsh.  I just need to let you know otherwise I wont be
allowed any visitors anymore.

More questions...?  Let me know.  I can only take a couple more folks.  Oh
yeah... Datsun Roadsters Only!  ;>)

Michael Carion