Looking for the silver lining

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for the silver lining
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:28:29 PST
All,

Well, we towed the 70 2000 home and there it will sit while we decide what
to do next. I have received several offers for replacement blocks (thanks
everyone) and we will of course entertain those ideas. We probably will not
make any moves on the car until after the first of the year.

Liz had been planning to get the car painted and a new interior installed
and she had been debating about whether to pull the engine or not. Guess
that decision has been made...

So now I am figuring that at least when we decide to get the car painted and
the interior redone, we can coincide that with installing a rebuilt engine.
The car will be freshly painted, with a new interior and a rebuilt engine.
It will be a practically restored car.

So out of adversity comes opportunity.

For those maudlin types out there, I will be taking some pics of the damage
and posting them on my photopoint site this weekend. Could be an interesting
sight if you have never seen a engine that has tossed a rod through the
block.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC (soon to be NOROC)