Radiator question (plus others)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator question (plus others)
From: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 06:56:03
Hi there list,
  Well, I've finally started taking apart my 68 2000, and had a question
about the radiator. I'm taking it and the fuel tank down to a radiator shop
to have them flush them out. I noticed at the bottom of the radiator, there
is a welded flange bracket at the bottom/front. It has 4 threaded holes in
it. There is nothing attached to it. What was this for? Also, I noticed that
the ground wire from the Alt to the body/frame looks like it might have some
deterioration to it, so I was wondering if there was anything special about
it (ie, factory replacement?), or could I get a replacement at my local auto
parts store? Also, do many roadster owners convert the alternater over to
the passenger side? Also, I'm trying to get on the Rallye website, but it
has been down for a few days. Does this happen often? or is this a fluke?

-Mick-
Eugene OR

68 blue 2000 stock SRL31104294(someday to be stock silver)
67-1/2 red 1600 stock (almost!)
71 white 4dr 510 stock 49k Original miles
71 red 4dr 510 L18