Books and other Roadster stuff

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Books and other Roadster stuff
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:10:52 -0600
Hey Listers - hope you all have had a great Christmas!!

The checks are coming in for the Fairlady books - THANKS!!  Also, thanks for
the nice letters/notes.  We watch the mail in anticipation - have to out run
my wife to the mail box.  She is impressed with the nice notes and caliber
of folks owning Roadsters!   This goes a long way in getting her blessing on
Roadster fun.  If you would like to know if your check has arrived email me.
I will not put a list out for privacy reasons.  We have about 2/3rds of the
projected order!  Also,  I will be sending a NASA pin to Phill Brook for
signing our books, so if you have a gift of appreciation to send let me know
and I will put it in the same package.

We went to South Alabama (Eufaula) for Christmas.  There is a junk yard by
the in-law's house, so I stopped in.  He has a pretty straight 510 wagon, an
850 Fiat, a couple of 63 Fiat sedans and a 69 Roadster!   He is restoring it
for the local district attorney.  He was very happy to see me, because he is
in need of parts and thought they were non-existent.  Right now he needs
carburetor float needles.  His name is Billy Spurlock and phone is
334-687-5222.  A good chance for our vendors to establish a sales
relationship - he will need many more parts.  He does not have a computer,
so I will send him vendors names and phone numbers.  I have come to the
conclusion there is a Roadster in every small town in the South - just got
to find them.

Spending Christmas gift cards at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Got an air tank and
paint buffer.  I was looking at the wheels catalogue and came across Prime
wheels that fit the Roadster.  They are an aluminum wire wheel spoke design
and are 15X7, 4 on 4.5 with a 14 mm offset.  The price was good at 117.00
and change.   And hey - they have that lay-away plan!   Has anyone looked
into these to make sure they are a positive fit.  Nice wheels!

I have been in contact with MADROC and OROC (and Mike Poorboy of NOWROC!!)
about an East Coast Datsun Rally.  We will be working this very hard to make
it happen this year.  Like others have said, it will take a lot of effort
from many folks.  So, please let me know if any of you would/could give us a
hand.  This will be an all Datsun event and the 510 and Z guys will be
included in all the plans.  I think we can all work together to make a great
event.  This will help set the stage for a National Datsun club/event.
SEROC will help anyway possible to get all Datsuns working together.  And -
I will email you Calspeed with a tentative SEROC schedule soon.

Have a very happy New Years everyone!!  And Happy Roadstering.

Phil
SEROC