That doesn't look good.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: That doesn't look good.
From: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:14:07 -0600
Finally got my distributor back together and installed, then I thought I
would pull the valve cover and take a look see. (U20)  So not knowing too
much about these engines, should I be able to stick my finger between the
timing chain and the guide (not the tensioner side)?
And at the rearmost part of the head, in the deepest recess, is there
supposed to be a hole at the bottom large enough to fit a finger through-
with rough edges?  And is the oil around the cam supposed to have some milky
grey spots in it?
I am hoping for good news here, but I don't think I will be getting any.
So basically I need a new head and timing set up, right?
My wife suprised me with an extra gift this Christmas. The Datsun Roadsters
Performance Portfolio by Brooklands Books.  It is a collection of magazine
road tests on roadsters, and some cool comparison articles.
Erik Smeby
hurtin' 2L 1600
Minneapolis (a truly balmy day at 150)