Re: brake line leak!

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: Re: brake line leak!
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:15:51 -0500
I thought that all Roadster brakes were SAE and they didn't switch until the
510 and Z. That's the reason 510 cylinders can't be used on Roadsters even
though they are the same exact size.

Having personal experience with the exact same problem after I restored my
car I say tighten them a lot more and make sure you use a good flare wrench
like a Snap-On or a Craftsmen. The fittings take a lot of force to make a
secure connection and to stop from leaking - a lot more than I thought
too!!!!!!!!! Don't worry just tighten. Use antiseize too as it will prevent
the fittings from rusting together and will make it easier to tighten down
as it has lubricating properties as well as sealing properties.

Use another wrench to support the fitting on the other side so you don't
bend the lines when tightening down also.

Good luck,
Mike