Re: behind the grille

To: ckrobertson@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: behind the grille
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 11:20:31 -0500
Chris,

I beg to differ.  I have owned a number of roadsters that still had the
remains of the original paint job.  They ALL had the grill supports painted
black.  It is possible that this practice was stopped after 1967, as I have
not had one of the high windshield cars that still had the original paint,
but ALL of the early cars that I have seen had the grill supports painted
black.

With regards to originality, I don't think that it is an issue with Paul's
color combination.

Sid