The stars must be aligned

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: The stars must be aligned
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:45:59 -0600
Hey Listers -

I got a surprise phone call from major Roadster dude Mark Dent on Saturday.
It seems we have parallel lives.  We both bought our first Roadster (and
first car) in high school.  They were both 68 1600 black with red interiors.
And come to find out he is also building a custom Roadster - you guest it -
black/red, just like I have planned!  This is great!!  His will be finished
a year ahead of me and he gave me some great ideas on finishing touches!
Our custom Roadsters will be similar, but will have a lot of design
differences.  Mark has a bunch of good ideas and has Tom Phalen to help out.
Hey Tom, want to come visit when I get to the body work??

So, every Roadster person I have met/talked to is an outstanding person.
Were we all born under some strange alignment of the stars?  Talking
Roadsters with Mark really put me in a great mood.  So I had to take the '66
for a spin.  Got a lot of attention - but hey it was 40 degrees and sunny!!

Helped my friend Alan take the brakes off his Jag E-type.  The pistons are
exactly like the Roadster.  We have to pull the rear suspension to the rears
off - yuk.  The Jag is over engineered and a pain to work on.  I will take a
Roadster any day!

Happy Roadstering!

Phil
SEROC