Re: Z Concept - OT (I like it...)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Z Concept - OT (I like it...)
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:40:30 -0600
Hey all-
Got home from work today and had almost 50 roadster-list messages!
Obviously something has gotten things stirred up!  I'm apparently going
against the grain on this forum but I actually really like the looks of the
new Z.  I do agree with most of you that it could have a little more retro
flare.  I feel that if they had kept a retro perspective with the headlights
and tailights, the whole attitude of the car would change.
Lets face it.  Nissan is a business and made this car to turn a profit and
build brand loyalty.  In doing so, they feel they needed to please a diverse
audience to create acceptable sales numbers.  On one side they have the
loyal Z car lovers that live and breathe "Z"--on the other, they have the
rest of the world who needs definite motivation to buy into the new design.
Nissan is stradling the fence, not completely satisfying either side, but
hopefully convincing enough people in the middle to make it worthwhile for
Nissan.  I actually hope they succeed as this could possibly open the door
to future retro projects (like a roadster!  <g>)

Simply my opinion (among many)
Nathan