Re: OT ABS brake bleeding

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: OT ABS brake bleeding
From: "James Moore" <jmoore66@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:31:39 -0500
Phil,

You should not only bleed the brakes every 2 years, or 30k miles (whichever
comes first), you should have the brake system flushed completely. Over time
the brake fluid gets water and other nasty particles in it. The ABS
solenoids and such are more sensitive to contamination. It could ruin
expensive parts like the accumulator, or the ABS pump.

Jim Moore
69 2000 Fairlday RHD
Dunkirk MD