Re: Hedlight Dimmer - try the relay

To: micorpusa@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hedlight Dimmer - try the relay
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:57:37 EST
In a message dated 1/13/01 1:37:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
micorpusa@yahoo.com writes:

> He has taken more interest in it and we have
> everything go to go on it but the headlights.  The
> high beams don't seem to work.  I'm pretty sure it is
> in the switch on the steering column.  Anyone have any
> specific suggestions on where to start?

My high-beams would flicker a bit - if I flipped the switch enough they
finally came on. At first I thought it was the high-low switch too,  BUT what
was really the problem was corroded contacts inside the relay. I
dis-assembled it, cleaned enerything up -problem solved. If your car has been
sitting for awhile this could very-well be your problem too.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ