Re: Datsun 2000 Vintage Racer

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Datsun 2000 Vintage Racer
From: SRL311guy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:03:46 EST
Rich is from Utah and runs the car all over the west coast...met him at
Buttonwillow 2 years ago. The car and engine were built by (my friend and
neighbor) Bill Myers who used to be Rich's crew chief but now lives in Garden
Grove, CA. He now does some work for CDM. Gordo is right...the car was
originally a 67 1600, now a 2000. Rich's wife also drives the car
occasionally. Unfortunately, Bill told me the other day that after the cover
shot at PIR, they went to Sears Point and his wife flipped the car on a rainy
track. He says she's OK and the car is being repaired.

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA