Air vent grate mesh

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Air vent grate mesh
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:49:03 -0800 (PST)
Wondering what the original color of the mesh in the
large air vent in front of the windshield ought to be.
 Flat Black?, Aluminum?  Mine was painted over years
ago (B4 I got the car), during a cheap, if not really
bad, paint job.  One by one I have replaced or cleaned
off numerous screws, twisties/posties, locks, gaskets
etc. which were painted over, but I have overlooked
this grating until just "seeing" it for the first time
recently.  Should be easy enough to clean up, but what
was original?

Mike '66
Charleston SC
http://auctions.yahoo.com/