Re: Brake Fluid

To: "Brad Holmes" <bholmes@monk.aum.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:50:14 -0500
Brad,

I've been using it for 20 years with no problems HOWEVER, I replaced my
entire brake system at the same time. I don't know if Silicone will be
compatable with old components that had been immersed in conventional brake
fluid due to the different "swell" of the silicone.

It also has a softer pedal than DOT 3 and requires more bleeding.

I also use it on rubber and vinyl to keep them shiny and pliable. Another
great benefit is that it doen't peel paint if spilled or it overflows, just
makes the paint shiny.

Mike