Re: OT-Z car crash pic

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: OT-Z car crash pic
From: The Dread Pirate Roberts <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:27:11 -0800
datsunmike wrote:

> Looks like someone was tailgating or not paying attention. I still find it
> hard to believe though. Something doesn't look right or maybe it was a fluke
> accident.
>
> Mike

Oh, for sure it was a fluke - I mean, this stuff doesn't happen everyday, but
you'd be
surprised at what does happen... My dad (as a CHP officer... and don't say
CHiPS!!) worked
an accident where a driver (slightly intoxicated, as I recall) let his
attention stray,
drifted off the road to the right and ended up balanced on a power pole guy
wire with only
the rear bumper touching the ground.

In this case, the driver of that Z was lucky that the vehicle he/she rear-ended
wasn't a
jacked-up pickup truck or Stupid Urban Vehicle with a trailer hitch sticking
out at about
Z-driver eye level...

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA