Re: Exciting News!

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com (datsunmike)
Subject: Re: Exciting News!
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of getting theh most bang for your buck.
I met a guy at the recent Stanford Nissian meet some of us Badroc'ers went to.
He says that he was jsut about done putting in the famous SR-20 engine in his
roadster.  He told me that $1500 bucks would buy you everything you need to
do the swap.  He had to fabricate engine mounts of course and he said he had
to notchthe front cross member to get the engine to fit.  He made it sound
really easy to get a modern 150hp f.i. engine into a roadster. These engines
are supposed to be easily pumped up to like 200+ hp and still be reliable...
        Forgot his name and I know he's not on the list.  He unfortunately had
a low opinion of snooty roadster owners.  He says he's a 510 guy at heart but
he also siad he was bringing his roadster to shasta so I guess I will see then
if the swap was as easy as he says.
                Daniel 69 2000