Re: It stopped starting!!

To: Annette <squishfish@home.com>,
Subject: Re: It stopped starting!!
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:17:47 -0700 (PDT)
What is it they say?  It only takes three things for a car to run:

spark
gas
air

So one or more of those things isn't correct (well I suppose there
could be worse things but we'll assume it's just one of those to
start).  I'd check to be sure you're getting spark to your plugs.  You
can check this by sticking a screwdriver in one of the spark plug wires
and holding the wire/screwdriver combination very near the body.  If it
sparks from the screwdriver to the body, you've got spark.  Please
correct me if there's a better/safer way to do this.

--- Annette <squishfish@home.com> wrote:
>  Waaaah!
>
> Went to pull the rustbucket out of the garage this evening to give it
> a good
> wash and start getting the rust off.  Imagine my surprise when it
> wouldn't
> start!  It ran fine a month ago! The engine just turns and turns,
> never
> catches. We even tried jumping it in case the battery was just too
> low, no
> luck.
>
> Guess I know how we'll be spending our holiday!
>
> -Annette Rogers
> Rustiest 66 on the planet.

=====
Adam