Fwd: SU carb tumbling

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: SU carb tumbling
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 11:28:07 EDT
Michael et all,

      The plating I have done by a shop here in town. Dealing with the
chemicals involved is more than I care to get into. They are starting to gray
some, as I expected. These carbs had been disassembled and then stored in a
shed with a leaky roof.(PO) Lots of dirt, corrosion, and generally a mess.
The only way to make them worse would have been with a hammer. So a nice even
gray is a vast improvement. I might try some fuel proof clear coating on a
future set.

                                          keith

> Did you plate it yourself or give it to a shop to do? I cleaned up mine but
> they dull up pretty quickly - that corrosion/passivation stuff....
>
> Cheers...Michael
       The plating I have done by a shop here in town. Dealing with the
chemicals involved is more than I care to get into. They are starting to gray
some, as I expected. These carbs had been disassembled ant then stored in a