question - intermittent speedometer in '68 2000

To: "Datsun-Roadsters \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: question - intermittent speedometer in '68 2000
From: "Robbie Harrison" <robbieharrison@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:58:37 -0400
Well, I said there would be a lot of questions coming, so here's the first.
The speedo only works part-time. On the drive home yesterday it was dead
when we started oof, then started working sometime after the first 100
miles, registering at least close to correct speeds. It was dead again this
morning the first couple of miles, then working of-and-on during the next 20
miles or so. Always seems to either register about the right speed or
nothing at all. Anybody had similar experience with theirs?

Robbie Harrison
SRL311-04682