Re: fastest colors

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: fastest colors
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:59:21 -0700
On 6/5/2001 "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com> wrote:

>The fastest roadster I owned was painted in four different colors of
>primer. Two grays, one white, and one yellowish-orange, all from
>Tractor Supply (TSC).  I called it "Frank".  One of my friends has
>Frank now, and he's painting it a real color with real paint.  It will
>not be as fast.
>
>Leisure Suit Terry

Terry,

Primer does feel like it's faster. I drove my daily driver '70 1600 Blondie
for 1-1/2 years with 3 different shades of red/brown/orange primer. After
painting it yellow it doesn't feel quite as fast. Maybe it's the bugs
attracted to the yellow that are slowing it down, quite a few hitch a ride.
Before, a bug wouldn't be caught dead on the primer.

Fred - So.SF