Roadster for sale (Southeast)

To: datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster for sale (Southeast)
From: "E.A. Roe" <roe@eng.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 16:38:01 -0400
SEROC'ers and East Coasters,
I received the following e-mail from a previously unknown roadster owner
in Orlando Florida.  He's looking to sell his '69 1600.
Here is the e-mail from him with details (contact him not me please):
> Subject: 1969 Datsun 1600
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:25:36 US/Eastern
> From: dprice@cfl.rr.com
> To: "E.A. Roe" <roe@eng.usf.edu>
>
> I would appreciate any help you can offer.  The reason I'm selling the
>roadster
> is that is has been sitting on blocks in the garage for over a year.  I would
> rather have someone get some enjoyment out of it rather than let it sit and
> rot.  The car is a 1969 (ser# spl311-24259)that has been stripped down to the
> metal.  When I purchased the car it had been sitting in a warehouse for 13
> years. The chrome had started to pit so that's why I blacked it out.  The
> interior has been completely redone (not seat covers), new top, new master
> cylinders,  new starter, new alternator, Sony stereo w/ 10-disk cd changer,
>new
> brake cylinders and pads, etc... It would be a great car for someone who
>wants
> a Datsun Roadster but doesn't want to put alot of money or effort into the
> restoration. I had planned to completely re-do the entire car but my other
> love, motorcycles, has put the extra money in that category.  The only things
> wrong with the car is from sitting in the garage.  Spongy brakes (air in
>line),
> small "cancer" spots, etc..  I'm looking to get $5,500 obo form it.  I also
> have all the original parts from the car before the re-do (rims, hubcaps,
>horn,
> etc..) and bunches of repair manuals.  I also have a Robbins top for a
>1970(?)
> roadster still in the box.  If you would be willing to put something on your
> ListServ I would really appreciate it.
>
> Don Price
> dprice@cfl.rr.com
> 407.654.4587 home
> 407.246.2762 office

I posted a picture of it on my roadster page at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5610/datsun.html
scroll down to the bottom and click on the link "Don Price's 1600..."

Eric Roe
'69 1600 (soon to be roadworthy again)
Sarasota, FL