valve adjustment/ smog plugs

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve adjustment/ smog plugs
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1904 00:24:04 -0700
List,
A question on the cold valve adjustment- Is it 0.20 or 0.21, and on a
1600 can you adjust the intake and exhaust of the cylinder the dist
rotor is pointing to together? Also I am still confused about being sure
that valves are fully open or closed-Is that when the pushrods are fully
up, the rockers are down and springs are compressed?   So at TDC,
compression stroke, #1, are #1 valves adjusted or not? Someone mentioned
the 9 rule, or something like that, is that the only way?
Second question on plugs.  What is the exact size for the intake plugs
so I know what to ask for. I know about the injector plugs in the head
already, they have not been done yet.
Questions form A to Z...
Linda