Re: a few quirks (read: problems)

To: "R Haug" <haugchiro@moscow.com>,
Subject: Re: a few quirks (read: problems)
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:27:24 -0700
Grease the Tach Cable.  When it bounces like that, it is a lack of grease.
That's probably why the Speedo does not work.  The Po(Previous Owner)
probably seen it bouncing but had no idea what to do, and it broke.  If
that's the case, you must get both cables out of the housing, it normally
comes out from the transmission in one piece.  But when it is broken I think
you can disconnect it from the Speedo Head and pull it out from there.  Then
find a Speedo shop and have them make you a new cable from the broken cable
for a match.  When I lube my Speedo Cable I use wheel bearing grease, and I
slap it on heavy.  Do not put any grease on the 1" that will go into the
Speedo head.  Pat