Re: (O.T.) More ABS griping

To: "Roadster List (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: (O.T.) More ABS griping
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:46:59 -0700
Same here, I hate ABS. I've noticed the same thing in my new Frontier
truck. When the wheel lifts from a bumpy surface, the travel is farther and
doesn't stop as quickly as it would without ABS. Scared me the first time I
encountered it, but I managed to control it. Six years ago while driving a
company Chevy truck with ABS I had to panic stop to avoid another vehicle
cutting me off, and ended up hitting the other car. Without ABS I would
have stopped in time, but the ABS prevented that and pushing hard on the
brake pedal had no effect at all, hardly slowed the truck. I had mechanics
check it out, and they said the ABS system was working okay but they had
lots of complaints about this effect. About the same time Chevy had a lot
of bad press about their ABS systems and had recalls. I feel more in
control with my older cars than the 3 new ABS-equipped ones I have.

Fred - So.SF