First Problem

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Problem
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:05:21 -0400
On the way to my MGB club meeting I was driving in heavy traffic on Long
Island. I started smelling gas but kept on going. When I got to the
restaurant I saw a line of gas coming from my car in the parking lot. Seems
my float needle stuck open on the front carb and it was a new needle. I
didn't have any tools besides a cheap screwdriver set and an adjustable
crescent wrench. I was able to take off the float cover and take out the
needle which I carefully disassembled in my car. There was a small piece of
crud in there. Blew it out (gas tastes horrible), reassembled everything,
and all was better.

Lesson learned was to carry a cheap set of tools in the car.

My Datsun never broke down or gave me trouble before in the 20+ years I
owned it so I never carried tools.

Oh well.

Mike

PS - I smelled wonderful while eating dinner too but everyone at the table
was a BTDT person.