Re: Nissan gives the Roadster recognition

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nissan gives the Roadster recognition
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 05:11:59 EDT
bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:

> http://www.nissandriven.com/insideNissan/HeritageArticle/0,9400,843,00.html

I agree that its nice to see some recognition for the roadster but if Nissan
sees its heritage as important why does it always get so many facts wrong?

<<the SPL 210. This high, narrow, 4-seat roadster features a fold down soft
top with side curtains, "4 on the floor," and a 48-hp 1200-cc engine (soon
replaced by an 85-hp version). >>

What's an SPL210? The SPL212 was 48hp and was soon replaced by a the SPL213
(60hp) - the SPL310 was originally 80 hp and that was increased to 85hp

<< The Datsun most-desired by collectors, the 2000 Roadster, is also the
first Japanese production sports car to come with a 5-speed. That, plus its
robust 150-hp engine, makes it extra fun to drive. Production is limited to
1,000 and the first 10 are lightweight versions for racing. The 2000 Roadster
wins 10 SCCA National Championships between 1967 and 1987. >>

The only reason that production of the low screen 2000 was limited was
because of US safety regulations - they make it sound like it was some kind
of Nissan special limited edition.

There may have been around ten lightweights but they were not the first cars
built - these were high windshield cars built in 1969.

The 2000 won 6 SCCA Championships and the 1600 won 4.

And where is the mention of the 1500/1600?

I've seen mistakes on the other pages but I'm bored now and it's time to get
off my soapbox.

3 out of 10 - could try harder

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/intro.htm";>The Classic Fairlady