Re: Tire & Wheel Size Revisited

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire & Wheel Size Revisited
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:14:07 -0500
> If you simply push or pull on the line the most likely place it will kink is
> at the fitting.  SO!  If you do not need to move it more than 1/4" to 1/2"
> try putting your thumb about 2" or more above the fitting and holding the
> fitting with the same hand, use it as a counter pressure against the way you
> want to push or pull the line.  Go slow.  Watch the other end of the line
> that you do not kink the line at that fitting.

Good point, Pat. If you aren't careful you can easily kink the hard line.
Some years ago I pick up a small tubing bender which has a 1 to 1/4 radius
and is sized almost perfectly for brake/clutch hard line. Believe it or not,
I dug it out of a 99 cent bargain table at a hardware store. It's invaluable
and they shouldn't be to hard to find either at an auto supply or hardware
store.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)