end of New Tech List idea!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: end of New Tech List idea!
From: Tom Stockman <ftuck@frii.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:27:52 -0600 (MDT)
Hey, all, I'm the fellow who brought up the idea of starting
another list, focusing on the tech side of things, sparked by
Paul's observation that there are two communities within the
list, with many members belonging to both, tech & social.

Hmm, let's see if I can reply to the excellent points lots of
you made!  Please forgive me for not mentioning each person
who posted by name.

Hmm, let's see if I can remember the comments...

- I'm not even contemplating transforming the list!  Clearly,
  it's exactly what lots of folks want, and I have no problem
  with that!  And it's not that I'm completely uninterested in
  the social side, but man-oh-man we sure do generate a lot of
  email, the 100-150 posts daily increase my traffic by a
  good 50%.

- I thought I might find others who are interested in a "tech
  only" list--"tech oriented" might put it better--in which case
  I'd set something up.  Haven't seen anyone posting yet who
  seems to want it...guess there's not interest.

- I remember when the Digest was first set up, to give an
  alternative to receiving each post.  It doesn't work great
  for me--yes, I've tried it--I end up with the same problem.
  Lots & lots to sort through, only in a monster text file
  instead of individual emails.

- Someone made a great point...yes, it's not just 2 lists
  within one, there's lots of interest areas.  I know "roadster
  sighting" & "new pictures on web" are fun for many, & lots of
  other areas too.  Nuthin' wrong with that, just not my cup of
  tea.

- I'm not looking for a cold, tightly policed tech-only list,
  just one that focusses more tightly on tech & with less
  traffic.  No offence intended, again, it's just a difference
  in what I'm looking for.  I do enjoy some social comments
  and of course personality along with tech stuff; and not only
  do I appreciate getting help, I enjoy giving it.

Hmm, that's about it--I'll drop in occasionally, asking for
and giving help--enjoy yourselves, make connections, & have
fun!

See you in the funny papers...

Tom in Morrison
ftuck@frii.com