Re: ##%@%$@!! inner Fender captured nuts...

To: haugchiro@moscow.com
Subject: Re: ##%@%$@!! inner Fender captured nuts...
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:04:38 -0700 (PDT)
> Daniel Neuman wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >         I have been tryingn to get my bumpers off of the fender to frame
> > metal mounts... On each fender one captured nut has broken free and is just
> > spinning....I can not for the life of me get a 9/16 anythingy anywhere near
> > the darn thing.  Because of the limited space between the nut and the back
> > side of the fender and because of the big lip on either side of the vertical
> > piece of metal that the nut is supposed to be wlded to....
> >         Anybody have any suggestions??
> >                 Daniel 69 2000
> >                 SF CA
>
> Vice grips.
> Torch.
> Plasma cutter.
> Bob
        Yes, I don't own a regular torch and the angle of the nut is
such that I could not even grip the thing with a pair of needle nose pliers.
I think Fred has half of the problem that the captured nuts are not 9/16ths
they are 11/16ths... I will see if I can get a right angle open end wrench in
there if not I am going to try to cut the head off with a cutoff wheel and
and angle grinder.
                Daniel