Re: Fisrt Annual Run to the Coast

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fisrt Annual Run to the Coast
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:25:56 -0700
Well, the first ever "Run to the Coast" was held today and was quite a success.
We had a total of seven roadsters show up which is not bad for a first
run. I was very happy to see Fred Katz from BADROC show up. We met up at the
Park and Ride in Rohnert Park between 11:00 and 11:30 AM. We
introduced one another and checked out each others cars. You know the normal
stuff roadster folks do. One of the group is a long time Sonoma County
rersident and he had planned out the route run. I must say he did an excellent
job. The run took us through some very beautiful country side with a lot of
twisties, hills and ridge running. We stopped at Portugese Beach on the coast
to admire our cars and talk more roadster stuff. There were a lot of other
people admiring our cars as well. We left Potugese Beach and headed back to
Alan Duquettes for a barbecue and more roadster talk. We got lots of
thumbs up and waves. It is so cool to get a group of roadsters together running
down the road at and above speed. Everyone had a good time and we
plan on doing something next month after the Shasta meet. We did not realize
just how nice it was at the coast until we got back inland. Whew was it
hot. If you are interested you can go to my web site to check out some pictures
of the run.
Here is the URL http://home.pon.net/dumpdude/coastrun.html
Patience is a virtue if you have a slow connection.

Steve
67.5 stroked 2 liter
RP, CA