Re: #@!$%!*!@ Dash Cap, window regulators

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: #@!$%!*!@ Dash Cap, window regulators
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Hello All,
>       Man this weekend I decided to install my new dash cap...

Yes they are a pain!!! I'm not sure that they are designed to be a
perfect fit. It is a cap after all. kind of like a wig on a bald man...
just never looks like real hair....oh well.

as to the windows, laurie brough up some good points in her post.

I have found most of the resistance is just 30 some years of dirt and
crud built up.

I took mine apart, cleaned everything, installed new rubber channel
(which is cheap, BTW) greased up the mechanism with some spray grease
Victor gave me, and now it works good as new.

good luck, I feel for you, I know how much of a pain in the ass this
stuff can be...rewarding when it is done though.

Roman
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/