Nissan Silvia : Original Owner Reunion - New Articles

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, earlydatsun@listbot.com
Subject: Nissan Silvia : Original Owner Reunion - New Articles
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 02:06:42
Well,

Today was very, very cool. I had the pleasure of meeting Elroy Goto,who was
the original owner of my 1966 Sivia CSP311, for a reunion in Northern
California. Elroy was a factory sponsered driver for Nissan in Hawaii in the
60's & dominated the sports car racing scene on the islands.

He confirmed that indeed, CSP311 #370 was his old car. He even showed me
some of the custom additions he had made to the vehicle over the years.
Along with a folder filled with incredible photos and articles, he visited
with two of his good friends, both ex-pit crew members for the roadster
racing team.

Elroy, is a true Datsun Fanatic (like us!!!) & was really a very, very nice
gentleman.

I've posted a fasinating 60's article from a local Hawaii newspaper about
Elroy. The article even documents his ownership of the "rare datsun 1600 GT
Coupe" & has a picture of the car.

This page will take a while to load, but it is worth it!!

http://communities.msn.com/BADROC&naventryid=131

Enjoy,

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA