Re: windshield install prices...

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: windshield install prices...
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:30:54 -0500
Daniel-
$200 sounds steep!  I had a windshield installed two weekends ago.  It cost
$75 and took two guys about 45 minutes.  They gave the normal guarantee that
they were not responsible if they broke it.  BTW, I wouldn't be too
concerned about driving it to them without a windshield.  Its no different
than riding a motorcycle-local state laws here in Illinois do require
glasses of some sort.  They had the most difficulty getting the SS trim
installed in the rubber.  After that it litterally took them all of three
minutes to set it in the frame.  The installer said he had never done a
datsun before but that it was similar to the old Chevy's.
I would keep checking around for a better price, although I keep forgetting
you're in San Fran........

Nathan